Monday, December 15, 2008

crapola

I admit, I can be very snooty, condescending and the most opinionated person sometimes. There are also days when I get annoyed so easily and lose my patience. And I thought I am a patient person. My annoyance usually shoots up during the holiday season. Everything just goes berserk. The mad rush. The packed malls. Picky taxi drivers. The unpredictable weather. You name it. The malls are the worst this time of the year. Not only you have to deal with the stampede of crazed shoppers but you also have to avoid crushing the toddlers wandering or running around the hallways. I just feel my disgust and displeasure over parents who bring their entire brood to the mall like it's a f*** park! Kids should be out there in open spaces preferably public parks so that they can enjoy the greenery-- not concrete pavement. It's also irritating to see couples doing the classic HHWW in the middle of a rush hour. I know they're wrapped up in their own worlds but geez, get a room! This is the time of year when I just want to hide under a rock and block out everything. I want to avoid being a part of the consumerism of this materialistic world. How I'd love to have some peace and quiet. And sleep. Lots of sleep.

No comments: