Tuesday, October 10, 2006

get a grip

my recent dream has jolted me into the realization that I need to do something about my career~ or lack thereof. Although the dream itself had nothing to do whatsoever with my present job, the situation was somewhat similar ~ about taking a step forward when an opportunity comes. When a chapter closes, another one opens. I'm not saying that I'm rabidly pursuing this promotion thing, but since an opportunity has presented itself, I might as well try. Maybe I was out of focus for awhile, that I have become stagnant in my career and was just content with what and where I am at the moment. But it dawned on me that it wouldn't hurt if I take a step forward and take some risk. After all, I'm not getting any younger. Sooner or later I have to think about my future, and I certainly wouldn't want to hurl myself in the mercy of other people, to depend on them for support~ financial, emotional or otherwise. I always think that a girl should be able to stand on her own two feet without the help of a man. That way, you would be able to handle yourself well and not be this clingy piece of molasses, sickeningly sweet if I may say so. Naturally, I don't wanna pass on any burden to my current beau. I was at the greenbelt 3 mall the other day to watch one of the films from the spanish film festival, and while I was waiting for my sister, I was casually observing the people that litter the mall that time. It struck me that most of them are the executive types, and for the first time in a long time, I felt envious. I started to compare my life with them and came to the conclusion that compared to them, my life sucks and that it's just as exciting as a piece of unwanted broccolli. This made me think that I have put my career on hold for reasons that I could not even begin to think. Somewhere along the way, I think I just lost my drive. I should get back on the right track, right? And you're damn right it's about time. . . Let's see what happens next.

No comments: