Wednesday, October 04, 2006

moment of clarity

certain realizations entered my consciousness recently when I had another dizzying spell for the past two days. I have come to realize that in trying times, one can only rely on oneself. And that waiting for salvation or some sort of a blinding light from the sky would not change anything. People has to go on with their lives, regardless of any tragedy that had befallen them. This realization was brought by the desperation wrought by the recent typhoon. The helplessness that I felt after the calamity was indescribable. It only goes to show that there are forces which are really beyond our control. It also made me think of the dependency of humans on modern gadgets for survival. Take away all of it and man is reduced to a hapless being. So after five looong days of not having the modern amenities that has become part of everyone's life, I have reached the boiling point to which I decided pending matters should be resolved soon. So I turned to the most workable alternatives, and that's how I am living my life at this point. Now let's see how far my plan will go...

No comments: