Wednesday, January 10, 2007

the anti-social


what monster of a person I am turning out to be! I don't usually post any thing that deserves as little attention as possible but since it is somehow connected to my general well-being (mostly my mental state), I decided it would do me a great deal if I let it out in the open. Although I still maintain that the following subject matter doesn't deserve any space in my blog. Anyway, a young couple just moved in next door just before christmas-- right next to my rented studio unit. Most people don't know I don't generally socialize with neighbors-- not because I dislike them altogether but due to the fact that the typical pinoy neighbor usually go overboard and cross the line over their friendliness. Most of them don't recognize the borderline you establish. They tend to put their nose into your business too much; they pry into your private affairs and seemed to want to know every little detail about you. Now I value my privacy just as much as the next person but when a neighbor becomes too much of a burden, that's the time I become anti-social. I could've ignored the new neighbors-- or even be polite to them if not for the fact that on their first night, they decided to held a drinking session right outside my window, close enough to hear every noise they make! So that didn't sit with me very well. They say first impressions last. True enough! Don't get me wrong, I don't care much for anything that they do, my only concern is for them to be considerate enough. I mean, after all, I tolerate their behaviour but it should be a two-way street, don't you agree? I do this for you, you do this for me; you scratch my back, I scratch yours. Give and take in other words. My landlady mentioned the couple works for an advertising agency-- like hellloo?! I've never seen them go to work! They're usually at home watching TV, or busy with their playstation. Most of the time, they go out for a drinking spree with their phony friends. If they are what they pretend to be, they will not be home all day! And certainly, if they supposedly work for a prestigious ad agency, they will be residing in a condo in downtown makati! See? I'm not even sure where they exactly came from. Since christmas, I've never had any peace and quite in the house because of my noisy neighbors who allow just about every stranger inside the premises! Visitors come and go throughout the day, leaving the gate wide open for burglars to see! I won't be surprised if one of these days, something have been stolen in any of the units. I have already complained to my landlady but just the same, my usual peace & quiet have been disrupted altogether. So I avoid any interaction with them as much as possible. Frankly I just don't know when I can still tolerate their presence!

No comments: