Friday, January 05, 2007

losing it

i woke up wednesday morning and found out I lost my voice. The only sound that's coming out was a squeak intermingling with an annoying screeching sound, like that of a car. Yes, I had severe sore throat due to the colds I have for the past few days. I didn't wanna call in sick for work that day so I came to the office that morning with a husky voice. Hoping that perhaps later in the day, it will eventually improve. My voice didn't even sound sexy, it kinda sounded like a voice of an old lady with a bad cold-- or worse, a voice straight from hell. I realized later in the day that it was only getting worse, even after taking a lozenge and lots of liquid. So I was squeaking all throughout my calls, throughout the day. I also got a lot of teasing from my colleagues because of my weird voice. I couldn't communicate well, people didn't understand what I say. And I had to repeat myself over and over just to get the message across, which didn't help at all since I'm only straining my voice further. I filed a leave of absence yesterday so I can rest my voice. I took a 'vow of silence' yesterday to preserve whatever voice I have left. I still have nasal decongestion today but I regained my voice a bit, although I am trying not to strain my voice too much...

No comments: