Monday, October 03, 2011

of back pains and sleeplessness


Here I am in my early thirties feeling the signs of aging. A year ago, I caught sight of my first white hair. That was mortifying. I thought I wouldn't get white hair until I'm fifty. These days my colleagues are but in their early twenties. They snicker when they learn you are way older than them. They crack jokes about your age. I don't get it really. I mean, they will be in the same age as I am eventually. Why make fun of others' age? It's just a number after all. Age is a state of mind. I mean, I don't feel ashamed to say I'm in my thirties. So what? But then again, certain changes in my body reminds me I AM feeling my age. I have fine lines in my forehead now. I get insomnia, back pains, and the early stages of hypertension. Added to that, is my weight gain that never seems to alter. Tsk. Gravity is taking over. Maintaining a slim figure and a healthy diet is just expensive. Yes, expensive. The more you want to eat healthier options, the more it gets expensive. I'll be damned.

No comments: