Thursday, July 07, 2005

shades of blue (and pink, yellow & then some)

i sink into semi-depression mode whenever there are changes happening in my life, unexpected or otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I welcome change for the most part, just to break the monotony or avoid any gluts or being stuck in a rut for that matter. But the mere idea of veering away from your comfort zone could be scary at times, especially for those people who are not risk-takers.What with you having thoughts on the impending 'doom' heading your way, meeting new faces, encountering problems which appear to be freakin' unresolvable, plus chartering to unfamiliar territory. Twists and turns here and there. Basically, your main concern is whether you will emerge at the other end of the tunnel unscathed. That's how I feel right now. Having experienced these changes (good & bad, professional & personal) makes me feel just a little bit queasy. All of a sudden I feel vulnerable, I have butterflies in my stomach, and I have the sudden urge to turn my back, hibernate in my cocoon or just return to my previous routine which I used to do and had come to like. A few months from now,I will just brush this aside like any other normal jaded person and not bother with it. But for now, I feel like the only living creature in the galaxy far, far away. Then again, this too, shall pass. After all, who wants to be mediocre for the rest of her life?

No comments: