Thursday, July 21, 2005

travelling gypsy


i will be moving to a new place by the end of the month. Hopefully, it will be better than my present abode, which has given me such a major headache the past few months. Similar to the gypsies, I've been moving a lot since I finished school a couple of years ago. I didn't wanna stay at a relative's house so I have been living independently eversince, which is what I preferred and it's really great because it taught me to be more responsible. I take care of my needs and I try to balance my finances. Besides, I don't have to deal with other people's house rules anymore. I make my own rules.

Living alone is a good start because if I were to go abroad (which I intend to do), I will be able to take care of myself and not depend too much on other people. The only setback is, I don't cook, much less bake. So I contend myself with dining out (read: fast food) most of the time (which proved to be costly), or just settle for simple cooked meals (translation: canned goods/processed food) which is the only skill I could claim so far. I'm not really good in the kitchen but maybe someday I would find the motivation to learn cooking.

Somehow, not born with a silver spoon in my mouth had made me see that the struggles you have experienced in life are better appreciated if you don't have a fat bank account or you don't rely mainly on your daddy's credit cards (paris hilton, is that you?). Because of my past struggles, I now know how to adjust myself in most situations and adapt to a life which is for the most part biased and unfair. It made me see that the only person responsible for your actions is yourself.

I like living alone because most of the time, I can do anything I want. Also, I find it quite interesting to live in a suitcase, so to speak. It's because the mere idea of being in one place for a long time doing the same things over and over again bores me to death. I don't like a mediocre life. I certainly don't like routines. There are far more interesting things to see and explore than to settle down with the mundane stuff. Maybe because I haven't established any roots yet. Maybe because I don't want it right now. Or I haven't found the right place that I would really love to settle in. I am still a work in progress; mentally, emotionally and spiritually. I would really like to travel someday, to a faraway, exotic place if possible. The only thing I hate about moving is packing my bags, which could prove really taxing.

No comments: