Saturday, September 16, 2006

the case of lonelygirl15 solved!

so I was almost duped by lonelygirl15 on YouTube like many, many others. She's not really the wide-eyed 16-year old girl in her 'personal' videos as she portrayed herself to be. Widely-known as bree in the internet circle, her real name is jessica lee rose and she's 19 years old, born in maryland. I was skeptical about her supposed platonic relationship with 'daniel' , but I was almost convinced. I thought it was a cute story -- being home-schooled with daniel as her only best friend, has a purple toy monkey for a playmate, and discusses her 'religion' in a vague way. Up until recently, I didn't know she exists. I was never aware that her 'videos' had already made a cult following of some sort. So it was all a hoax...

No comments: