Thursday, September 28, 2006

i felt the earth move

. . . and so it's signal number 3 in the entire metro manila today for typhoon milenyo. Classes were suspended. Three agents here in the office already have cough and colds, and that includes me. I was late for work this morning due to the foul weather and my sandals broke again since it was drenched in heavy rains. Good thing I brought a spare. So enroute to the office I slipped into a different pair of sandals. Voila! Still, I came to work soaked to the skin! There was a power failure here for like a dozen times and we were all restless. To top it off, I thought I was experiencing another vertigo episode while I was sitting in my workstation since I felt dizzy and my chair was moving. It occured to me that there may be an earthquake happening at that moment, so I turned to my workmate sitting next to me and asked him if he felt it too. Then everybody confirmed that the building itself was swaying! Turned out that it was caused by the heavy winds outside! Can you just imagine that?! It felt like I was in a hammock being put to sleep. Still, it was kinda scary because who knows what will happen. I could hear sirens in the streets way below when the entire building was shaking. I don't even know how I'll be able to go home. I'm crossing my fingers. If only I could change into a costume and be superhero so I can just fly. . . yeah right.

No comments: