Sunday, April 10, 2005

girl in a bubble


there are days that I feel I am better off living in a dream where everything is possible, where you can control any situation or manipulate other people's actions. In dreams you can create any situation, complete with dialogue and reactions, and a scenic backdrop to boot. You can make your character more fluid, more receptive, more endearing. You can change your entire personality, even make yourself more attractive. You can even make other people's lives hell if you like. You can play with emotions, toy with the outcome and eventually change the things that you do not find pleasing enough to your senses.
One of the reasons why living in a dream could be alluring is because you find a certain feeling of contentment, that your at peace with yourself. Reality could be really annoying, what with the barrage of noise that you encounter every waking day. I do value my privacy and I'm not very fond of senseless noise. There are times that I want some quiet moments to reflect. The world is already populated with noise, it's bursting at the seams and I just want to get away from it all.
In retrospect, I have spent almost my entire life in a dream state. I don't know why, maybe because in the dreamworld, you can turn your frustrations into achievements. You can make your disappointments vanish into thin air. Besides, things are easier that way. You can actually come up with a solution to a particular problem by going over the situation in your mind. I play out my reactions in my mind in different scenarios. I can actually come up with mutliple solutions to a single problem! It's like having Plan A, Plan B & Plan C altogether. If Plan A didn't work, you have another option.
Science had actually proven that hidden problems would manifest itself in our dreams because it is one way of making us aware of it, of getting our attention. Dreams act as a reminder that we need to address a certain problem. That's why it's important that one knows how to interpret his/her dreams. I am not a schizo though, of course I can still differentiate reality from imaginary. It's just that I find the dreamworld comforting than dealing with the harsh reality. If the dreamworld could prove to be crowded place as well, the milky way can be an option...

No comments: