Friday, April 22, 2005

looking back

some things will never change... after eight long years of being away, I finally decided to go back to my hometown to attend a cousin's wedding and a family reunion of sorts. The moment I saw my hometown, familiarization settled in. I was quite surprised that a lot of things have remained the same. Familiar sights such as the bakery around the corner, the park, the market, numerous stalls selling wares, etc. all remained the same. It's like I never left the place. But if you go to the city proper, you would notice the changes; for one, there's a humonguous mall erected in the place where it used to be a vacant lot. Some establishments were new here and there. New restaurants cropped up out of nowhere. A sprawling hotel was noticeable. I got to see my alma mater as well. Sad to say, some familiar places didn't survive. The presence of the malls prompted most businesses to relocate from their original place. Some closed down.
For the most part, it was worth it because I got to see my mother whom I haven't visited for a long time. I would've love to meet up with some old school friends but there wasn't enough time. I only stayed there for about 3 days. I would've wanted to stay longer but work in the big city beckons. Gotta make some moolah. It was a journey indeed. Twelve hours of sitting inside a bus will make you cranky. But all's well that ends well.

1 comment:

Bianny said...

ang lalim! di ko ma-reach hehehehe. but it really is nice na nakakauwi di ba.. when i think of home, i think of a place, where there is love overflowing. kantahin ba? :)