Tuesday, April 26, 2005

under a microscope

last night, my boyfriend had finally met my family for the first time. It would've been easier if it was only my mother who was there. My mother don't usually ask too many questions, it's not in her nature. However, my uncles were there and my tita, not to mention my cousins so it was like the Spanish Inquisition! I actually cringe when one of my uncles asked my boyfriend pointblank what his intentions for me! Embarrassing, yes. But I was actually pleased that my uncle is concerned enough about my welfare. Growing up without a father, I don't know exactly how one would react that a daughter is in a serious relationship with a guy. Sure, my uncle was doubtful about the character of my boyfriend at first, but it was to be understood. He was protective of his niece and wants to make sure that my relationship will not end up like my parents. I was even glad that my uncle did just that, it only goes to show he cares about me. That actually endeared him to me even more. Although he lives abroad, he's still my favorite uncle. The rest of the family was accomodating enough with their hospitality. They made sure my bf felt at home. So now, he actually knows how this family works! Whew! I can't believe I survived that! I don't know exactly how my current relationship would end, or if it's gonna end at all. But it's nice to know that my family was nice to him. I hope he passed the test...

1 comment:

aNaNDa said...

please don't tell anyone about it. i don't want people to know about it. i'll be busy with school by june. hopefully, i'll graduate by then. thanks for wishing me well. see you around.