Friday, May 13, 2005

hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy & beyond

there are things in life that I regretted doing... things that seemed appropriate at that time, harmless at other times. Perhaps I wasn't thinking straight, or maybe I was too stubborn and just followed my heart's desire. Perhaps I was also vindictive, ruthless and judgemental, finicky at times and even downright childish. Yet all of these are part of growing up. Everyone is continously evolving as the world continues to spin in its axis. Short of taking a hike to the galaxy, change can not be avoided. All of us are driven to some kind of metamorphosis, whether we like it or not. We want to stamp our own gigantic footprint in the hopes of leaving some sort of legacy to the world, a memento. A proof that somehow we have lived. But I am straying too far now... I fervently wished that I could come back to the past and alter my mistakes, undo all the hurt it created amongst the people I have loved and relive the blissful moments. Thing is, I could just hope that pain could be erased entirely, that the gnawing numbness I sometimes feel which resided in the recesses of my heart could go away. The tragedy of being human! A lot of times I was tempted to just drop everything and vanish, never to be seen again. Perhaps the galaxy would be more friendlier and nicer. Just imagine the wonders that one could find in the galaxy!

No comments: