Monday, May 16, 2005

drop it like it's hot!

i look out the window and I see the Statue of Liberty-- huh? Wait a second! Oh, it was the skyscrapers of smog-filled Makati. For a moment there I thought I was living in a foreign land. From way up here (the 31st floor), skyscrapers kinda looked the same. Well, I do work for an American company so that's probably the explanation of my momentary delusion or confusion. You would know it's Manila because of the humidity and the torturous heat enveloping the city (plus the traffic, the omnipresent smog, stupid jeepney/bus drivers who would just come to a screeching halt in the middle of the street in the middle of rush hour to pick up passengers, streetvendors and the lack of traffic enforcers). I'd say this is the worst summer I have experienced in the metropolis! Like the ubiquitous, Hell-Ay based Paris Hilton, the phrase "It's so hot!" is on everyone's lips these days. And unlike the blonde heiress' reference to anything fashionable or trendy, I am merely tawkin' about the freakin' weather. The heat makes you sweat like a pig even though you've just taken a bath! I have had this wave of nausea the past few days that made me sick to my stomach because of it. I thought I was pregnant and it was a cause for alarm I would say. My panic-stricken s.o. rushed to the nearest pharmacy and bought one of those kit thingy. We were safe. whew! These days I'd like to linger in the office for the free airconditioning. Nuff said. Prices are skyrocketing, blood pressures are escalating, consumers are hyperventilating, the masses have become restless, graft & corruption have gotten worst, local showbiz is going down the drain, talk shows are being reprimanded. So what's next?

No comments: