Monday, January 02, 2006

new year state of mind

i spent my new year in baguio just so i can avoid the noise of firecrackers on new year's eve in the city. And I wanted to feel the coldness of baguio during the busy month of december since I've never been to this city of pines on a holiday season before. I stayed there for barely 2 days and most of the time I just slept in my hotel room. It was a mixture of fatigue and a lingering case of vertigo that made me stay in bed most of the time. Besides, it was too cold to do anything else. Me and my companion just strolled along session road then had dinner. Afterwhich we had a steaming cup of hot choco from the nearby cafe located inside the mall. It was just unfortunate that I had to return back to the city soon afterwards. Well at least, when I got back, the noise barrage was over, whew! My mother came over for christmas and I was just glad to see her again after such a long time. I don't get to come home as often as I want to...

No comments: