Monday, January 16, 2006

the supermarket

funny how you meet people in strange places... a few weeks ago I was checking some items in the grocery store when I suddenly spotted a guy a few aisles away. I recognised his profile even from afar and so I quickly grabbed my pushcart and turned away before he could see me. That guy happened to be someone I dumped before when he tried to court me, and so it would be awkward for me to see him again, and at such a public place.

Then about two days ago I went to the same supermarket to do my usual grocery shopping when someone actually said a timid hello right next to me. Before I knew it I was staring at the face of my ex-boss' wife. Well it was a pleasant surprise but I didn't want my ex-boss (any ex-boss, for that matter) to catch me doing any domestic stuff. First of all, I didn't know she does her grocery there also in makati though they live in alabang. On the brighter side of things, I was in decent clothes when I ran into her and I didn't look 'losyang' so I guess it was okay. We had a small chit-chat & thank god her husband's not with her so I didn't have to deal with his not-so-subtle questions about my present job or why I didn't show up on his last birthday party. Nevertheless, I ended the conversation swiftly. I had to report to work right after, that's why. Besides, there were a lot of people in the supermarket that time. It wasn't an ideal place to converse properly anyway. Well, things could've been worse...

No comments: