Sunday, July 15, 2007

the ratpack

we had a family dinner last night at serendra at the fort. It was a reunion of sorts since one of my uncles just arrived from abroad for a vacation. The place was packed since it was a saturday evening. We even had a hard time getting a table--and there were like 14 of us last night! I liked the ambiance of the place-- very laidback, very hip and yet family-friendly. It's the "it" place these days, a must--if you want to be seen. There are a lot of trendy boutiques and nice little shops worth discovering. It was nice being part of a family again-- I almost forgot what it was like. We hardly see each other anymore since we do live our own lives, live in different houses and have varying schedules. It was good to see everyone again. The weather even cooperated. It didn't rain last night, the weather was mild. After dinner, we explored the place while keeping a warm chatter along the way. We left the area just a little past midnight. When I got home, I managed to catch some sleep for about two hours before being awaken by my alarm clock again to go to work. But it was worth it. I wish we could do it more often...

No comments: