Wednesday, February 16, 2005

gone haywire

you know, ever since I got into this biz (read: call center), my body clock have gone haywire. At first I had trouble sleeping at day with the sunlight bursting through my window. So I ended up feeling really drowsy while at work at night. Then after making another re-shuffle of scheds in the office, I had difficulty catching some much-needed sleep at midnight just right after my shift-- with my mind still alive and pulsating with ideas. Nowadays, I sleep like a log during the day and wide awake at night-- even finding some time cleaning every nook and cranny of my room so I can be in the right frame of mind, thus hitting the sack with no trouble at all. Now I guess I'm turning into a nocturnal creature. Be it a good thing, I really don't know. Sleep is important to me. I have to be fully rested so as to function properly (mentally, physically & physiologically). I am not a morning person either. I get cranky if someone or something wakes me up. And since I am a light sleeper as well, I wake up too easily at the sound of doors opening, pots & pans banging, etc. In other words, noise of everyday activity. Don't even dare talking to me early in the morning, or you'll just get blank stares & monosyllabic responses. If I don't get the proper amount of sleep, it shows in my face: droopy eyes, lethargic mood, black circles around the eyes, you name it. My energy level just goes down, even if i drink some caffeine-booster. I guess that's the folly of everyone who works in this biz... we have to be resilient enough to withstand constant change, especially if you're talking about transferring workplaces which happens quite often indeed in my account....

No comments: