Wednesday, February 16, 2005

my two cents

i was able to watch 2 good movies during my rest day, namely: Alfie & The Phantom of The Opera. After watching the life story of Alfie (a.k.a Jude Law), I decided that you can never have too much fun in life. Someway, somehow, your bubble is gonna burst. Reality does bite-- and it bites hard. Relationships gotta work both ways, give & take. Alfie is a type of person who bolts the minute he sees some 'cracks' or imperfections in other people, something that he wish he would never see or witness. He always has an excuse to end a relationship. I think it's just sad-- not sticking around when the goin' gets tough. The second movie was of course the acclaimed musical of Andrew Lloyd Webber. I saw a French version of that film but it wasn't produced by the composer. Anyway, this recent version is much better. I went to sleep last night with the songs from the film playing in my mind. The film also made me realize that love can turn to a monster of possessiveness. Once again, I wondered if you can possibly love without possessing or can you possess someone without loving at all?

No comments: