Friday, January 07, 2005

adventure


I have written here before about the places I'm dying to go to. Let me just make it clear that there's nothing wrong in dreaming to go to the US, Australia, UK, Canada or any other well-known places. For me, you can always go there, if the situation calls for it (work, studies, visit relatives, etc.). The list that I made were just the places I wanna visit-- to immerse myself in culture apart from my own-- and savor it. I wanna call it an adventure. You know what they say; learning about other cultures makes you a well-rounded person. I have known people who will talk non-stop about their numerous trips to New York, London, Paris, Milan & even Hongkong or any other fashionable places. True, it is very cosmopolitan to be in these places. The thing is, most of the time, people talk about the things they bought from these places ( the latest Louis Vuitton bag, the hottest pair of Manolo Blahniks, the coolest dress from Roberto Cavalli or the must-have top from the Houses of Gucci, Dior or what-have-yous). Not that I'm sour-graping or anything like that, but I wish people will talk more about their REAL experiences. Believe me, if I have a lot of moolah at my own disposal, I'll probably brag about those finds too! I love fashion, don't get me wrong; but I'm also practical. Besides, I can't afford designer outfits, he he. I have yet to meet a person who would actually describe the sunset in Morocco, recount the dangers of an African safari, describe the busy streets of India, or recall the extremely hot desert of Egypt, or the latest architectural find in some obscure part of Greece, not even the spectacular view of the wide open space somewhere in the Himalayas. I have yet to meet a person who would actually tell me that they've been to Nepal, Africa or even Timbuktu! Mind you, Timbuktu is a real place!

1 comment:

Bianny said...

sis, balang araw, magma-migrate ka rin sa canada. diba,sis, di ba? :)