Wednesday, January 19, 2005

who? me?

seriously, who would have thought I would work in a call center? I have regarded call centers as dead-end jobs. Not really a serious profession. But I was dead wrong. It was the corporate world who finally broke the camel's back for me, so to speak. After successive years of working in a corporate environment, it was a welcome change to finally go to work in comfy jeans & flip flops! Although I missed dressing up corporate-style... As spoken by a friend who had the same experience, I have had enough of the corporate bullshit (bureaucracy, red tape, favoritism, etc.). After working my butt off and aspiring to climb the corporate ladder, I was never given the chance to prove myself-- meaning, I was promised of a promotion I never got. It's the same old story actually. It didn't help that the management sucks. I had serious issues about the way the management was running the company-- at least, in terms of internal operations. Can you imagine an HR head hiring a brainless bimbo as receptionist then promoting her to Purchasing Manager in less than 2 years? Well, I had the last laugh because after leaving that office, I have learned that same HR guy was booted out for amassing almost half a million of funds. Don't get me wrong, I made friends there too. It's just the working environment that made me leave. Now, I also made friends here in my present work. In fact, I am enjoying their company. If it wasn't for them, I would've seriously considered going back to the corporate world. Sure, we have ups & downs, who doesn't anyway?

1 comment:

Bianny said...

kahit ako, di ko na-imagine na id be enjoying my work here at PS. basta as long as andito tayo, enjoy lang :)