Wednesday, January 26, 2005

the fight club

I always maintain a proper decorum that one should not disclose or divulge your dirty laundry in public. Not only is it embarrassing but also crass. But I'm afraid this would be the very first time I would do so, since I am currently seething with anger. Let this blog serve as an outlet. Yes, the reason of this misbehaviour has something to do with my current squeeze. We had a fight a few nights ago, and I think we're having it again today. For the same reason. I usually am a patient person, but there are times when I am also pushed to the limit. That's when I fight back--especially if I know i am armed with facts, that I am telling the truth. That I have nothing to hide. It's only natural to defend myself--especially when I know I have done nothing wrong. I always believe that one could avoid confrontations if one is rational enough to discuss the problem in a civil and polite manner. I want to avoid clashes if I have to. I'd rather keep quiet for a while then left to my own devices to sort things out for myself. Give me an hour then I would surely simmer down. Then we can talk. properly. Problem is, my kind of thinking usually gets me into trouble with my significant other. I have a very liberal mind, I admit. I have radical ideas about a lot of things. I explore a lot. I have a mind of my own. I decide for myself, if necessity calls for it. I settle what needs to be settled. I handle it on my own. I have grown accustomed to living independently. My boyfriend is a product of the old school. Conservative. Old-fashioned. Accepting only the norms. Concern about what the society will think of him or his actions for that matter. I am exactly the opposite. They say opposites attract. In my case, it doesn't work. What happens is that my idealisms get the better of me. My entire outlook gets compromised. Instead of moving forward, I have to take a step backward. Just to accomodate him and what he thinks or feels. That drives me insane!

1 comment:

Bianny said...

u know what, habaan mo pa ang patience mo. kasi kaw na rin nagsasabi na product of the old school sya. so accept mo na lang and understand ok.. di ko talaga carry ang mga words mo, friend.. panalo! :)