Tuesday, August 02, 2005

series of unfortunate events

not good... that's about sums up my rest day hiatus. I'm back in the office & I'm not exactly an epitome of sunshine. My muscles are still complaining from the strenous work I have managed to do during my rest day (sorting out my stuff, packing, cleaning the place, groceries, paying the bills, etc). I have been doing the packing for the last 5 days and I'm not done yet. Apparently, my estimated timeframe for the packing was wrong. I didn't realize I have accumulated a lot of stuff for the past 2 years. The process of relocating to another house just pooped me out, and I haven't even moved out yet. I barely managed to sleep a wink this past week.

The unpredictable weather added to my distress. I would go out on an errand one super hot afternoon and end up going home soaked to my skin which had left me coughing & sneezing. It didn't help that I had mini-arguments with my boyfriend. We were both under pressure.

My present landlady had made it difficult for me to live peacefully for the past few months due to her ridiculous terms, a contradiction to the original agreement we had, & the contract I have signed. I also found myself in the middle of her family squabbles (inheritance, taking sides, what else?), one thing that I refused to be part of. Did I mention that my landlady has Parkinson's disease? Whenever we see each other, her arms seem to be all over the place, muscles twitching here & there. Even her head doesn't seem to go in just one direction. That's probably the reason why her mind is also all over the place. Last night she came over with her maid & gave me a bowl of hot lomi to help me get well from my colds. She was super nice. I don't know if she was being two-faced or just being neighborly. Anyhow, I hope I can already settle in my new place next week...

No comments: